Saturday, August 28, 2010

Make an Omelet

An item from my live list.  I've been writing a story called "Voices" lately.  In one of the chapters, my main character gets up early to make omelets.  As soon as I wrote that, I started craving them.  That's kind of an odd thing for me.  I don't really like eggs.  So, when my mom and I were talking about my vacation to Texas, I said, "Can we make omelets?!"

I didn't really know what I was doing, and neither did she.  We just kind of went off of what we'd heard from other people.  We didn't look it up or anything.  So, my omelet took about a minute to cook, and I was freaking out the whole time, saying, "Mom!  I don't know what it's doing!  What do I do?  Help me!"

It turned out looking pretty funky, but it actually wasn't all that bad. :)  Not exactly what an omelet is supposed to look like, but hey, whoever said I was a cook?

While I just put some cheddar and bacon in mine, my mom had the works.  Onions, green bell peppers, cheddar, bacon.

Hers took a lot longer to cook, and it didn't turn out exactly how we planned, either.

But, you know...  It was fun.  And it was fun to spend that time with my mom.  Normally for meals, we get our own separate dishes and sit in the living room with the TV on.

I'm so glad I got to go home for a week.  My mom and I certainly had some adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment