Saturday, August 28, 2010

Here's To Missing You

Drivin' into town, it really started comin' down, bringin' me back around to all that I miss.  It feels like it's raining you.
If I had my way, it would do this every day.  I would never see the sun.  Because the closest I get to holding you again is every time that sky opens up.
I remember tryin' not to stare the night that I first met you.  You had me mesmerized.
Three weeks later in the front porch light takin' forty-five minutes to kiss goodnight, I hadn't told you yet...  I thought I loved you then.
What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more.  But I've said that before.
Oh, the longer the waiting, the sweeter the kiss.  It's better, my darlin, I promise you this.  The next time I hold you, I'm not letting go.
I will remember you all winter long.
"Raining You" "The Longer The Waiting" "Then"
These are your songs.
And, yes, putting your pictures to the lyrics that apply to us is probably pretty corny.
Then again, you and I were always suckers for corny stuff.
I'm thinking about serving a mission.  I really want to go.  But, I'd be lying if I said I'm not taking into consideration that I'd be away from you for another eighteen months.
I guess we'll just see how things turn out, right?

One year, three months, and five days.

No comments:

Post a Comment