Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Go Skiing/Snowboarding

For a joint birthday celebration, Julie and I went to Sundance!  She'd never been skiing or snowboarding before, and opted for two pieces of wood strapped to her feet as opposed to one.  I, on the other hand, have done the civilized sport several times, and chose a much more reckless route: snowboarding!  I've always wanted to try it, and this past March, I got the chance!

Matching! (sort of) Socks!

Ugh.  I hate disposables.  Luckily, Julie brought her small fantastic camera. :)
I probably spent more time on my bum than on the board.
View from the lift.
Top of the mountain!  LOVE this picture. :)
Lookit!  I look like I know what I'm doing!  This was toward the end of our run, so I definitely had learned some things...
All I need now is that Jamaican hat with the dreads from Johnny Tsunami.

Julie actually got pretty good.  Not bad for her first day!  Not bad at all!

And here you thought *I* was the photographer.  Julie's pretty awesome.

At the end of the day, we sat in the trunk of my car with our lunch boxes (Julie's was actually a box!), munching on healthy (an not so healthy) goodness and freezing our little toes off.
Julie also took this really cool picture which we're both in love with on the way up there.  Is this the best tunnel picture you've ever seen or what?
Julie in action!
The girl got me to wear pink.  Gracious.

Those pants were SO BIG I had to walk around like a gangster.  I had suspenders...?  Right, well.... umm... you know.  It just felt right.
Best hat ever?  Maybe.  Best winter hat ever?  YES.

And thus we ended with me sitting on the floor with a cup of hot chocolate and a bag of marshmallows because I was absolutely too tired to stand up.  Haha.
I spent a LOT of time falling on my face (which hurts a lot more than I thought it would), falling on my bum, and falling in every direction you could possibly imagine... with a board strapped to my feet.  Julie fell a lot too, which was slightly comforting.  I definitely loved the experience and would definitely do it again.

Except, next time, I'm going to buy lots and lots of icyhot patches ahead of time. :)

Julie and I had such a wonderful time together.  And, for once, I have more pictures of me than anyone else from an event.  That's kind of cool.

What shall our next adventure hold?

No comments:

Post a Comment