Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

I don't usually take New Year's Resolutions seriously.  There's the staples... spend more time outside, lose some weight, read more, blah blah blah.  Those aren't bad goals, I just don't stay motivated.  My resolutions last about six hours, and then I'm eating another piece of chocolate.

This year, however, I decided on one that I really, really want to do.  I know it's going to be hard, but accomplishing things is very important for me.  I think that's what's starting to help me with my lazy slowness in life: starting and finishing projects.  One thing at a time.

The idea isn't to end up with 365 masterpieces.  That is just not realistic thinking.  The point is to practice.  You know the saying.  Also, according to Matthew 25, I'm supposed to develop my talents.  I could be a much better photographer than I am.  I intend to reach that potential.

If you want to follow along with me on this project, click here to look at the blog I created specifically for this.  It's called "I AM."  Each day, I'll post a picture with a title that completes the sentence.  For example, "I AM a Dentonite."



So, what are you going to do this year?  Resolutions, or no?

No comments:

Post a Comment