Sunday, April 10, 2011

Summer Reading

Summer is coming!  Boy am I excited.  Ten more days and I'll be lying in my queen-sized piece of heaven after a long, long, long drive.  That being said, if anyone wants to suggest an audio book to me, by all means, tell me!

And on that note, I'm gearing up for my Summer reading!  Oh boy.  If nothing else (which there actually is plenty "else"--friends, family, Summer courses online, Texas, etc.), Summer means I have time to read.  :)  I definitely want to read these books:

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
Hero by Ron Woods (my Creative Writing professor!)
The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
Vampire Diaries, Return: Midnight by L.J. Smith
The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card
The Work and the Glory, Vol. 1: The PIllar of Light by Gerald N. Lund
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship by J.R.R. Tolkein
Rachel and Leah by Orson Scott Card
Ava's Man by Rick Bragg
Othello by William Shakespeare
Tennis Shoes Among The Nephites by Chris Heimerdinger
Wings by Aprilynne Pike
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers
The Kite Runner by Khalad Hosseini
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chboskey
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

Yeah, okay, so I probably won't read all of these this Summer, but I intend to at least make a considerable dent in my list.

Now I want to know what you think.  What are some of your favorite books?  What are some books that you think I absolutely have to read?  I'd also really like to find some LDS literature.  I know my sister Kathy has some Betsy Brannon Green books; I think I'll look at those (I've already read Hearts in Hiding by BBG--really great book).

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment