Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Hate February.

I really do.  I don't think there's any other month I loathe quite as much as I dislike February.  Why?  Well, it's cold.  It is so miserably cold, often without snow.  (If it's going to be cold, it might as well snow.  That provides a little bit of insulation, at least.)  Also, I'm not particularly a fan of Valentine's Day.  It's cute, and I like all of the lovey-dovey chick flicks that come on TV (though I don't have cable), I've never had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day.  Well, okay.  I did once, but we did nothing, and I broke up with him two days later.  And, last year, I was waiting on a missionary.  Well, puh.

So, this February, I'm going to do something about it!  I'm going to make myself like this month.  I have twenty-six and a half days left to make it happen.  So it will happen.

1.  I'm going to write every day.  I'm currently reading an excerpt by someone named Lance Larson about Creative Writing.  He says to write every day.  So I'm going to.  It might not be more than fifteen minutes, and I might not write something of worth every day, but I'm going to write anyway.

2.  I'm going to have a photo of the week every week.  I actually want to do this all year, but it starts with February.  (I'm always late, haha.  My parents like to state that my birth was the only thing in the world I was early to.)  What I mean by photo of the week is, I'm going to get myself more involved in fun photography.  My photography.  (My photo of the week for this week is "Caleb" which I posted yesterday.  I'm just so in love with that picture.)

3.  No soda pop until my birthday.  Yeah, that includes March too...  Well, I don't really like March either.  So it works.  How is that going to make my February better?  Well, I'm hoping it'll help me lose weight.  Haha.

4.  I'm going to finish City of Glass by Cassandra Clare.  I keep putting that one off.

5.  I'm going to read my scriptures every day.  No excuses.

6.  Every week I will read something from the Ensign.

I really don't want to be the sulky, self-pitying person that I automatically revert to when I'm not really doing anything, or even when I'm doing something sometimes.  I want to be happy, approachable, and the best friend I can possibly be.  Positivity, woo!

Thanks for reading!
Krista

PS- Happy Birthday, Papa.  I love you.  I'll see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment